This Roundtable will explore common and exotic pitfalls of intellectual property ownership.
Best practices in software, apps, videogames, and other types of code-based products, as well as what innovators can use to secure their chain of title and make sure that they truly own what they think they own.
The presentation focuses heavily on practical takeaways and relevant case law, including:
• The structure of IP inflows and outflows in typical industry transactions, including sources of IP “leakage”
• Common IP stumbling blocks and oversights
• Drafting tips for employment agreements and independent contractor agreements
• Strategic use of copyright registrations
• Drafting tips for foreground and background IP, as well as IP co-ownership